The link to the interactive video is here

In what way are they likely to respond to the video on their own, e.g., make notes, do an activity, or think about the topic (learner-generated)?

In this video, a series of questions are asked. Some questions include “Would it be healthy to only eat chocolate?”, and “Can you think of a time you felt hungry?”. These types of questions fuel learners to think of their own personal experiences and relate them to the content being taught. By incorporating students’ own ideas and experiences, they are more likely to develop a deeper understanding of the content. (n.d) This type of thought process is learner-generated interaction.

What activity could you suggest that they do after they have watched the video (designed)? What type of knowledge or skill would that activity help develop? What medium or technology would students use to do the activity?

One activity that I plan to include after students watch this video is a Google Slide, which shows a variety of foods, both healthy and unhealthy. Students are to then show thumbs up if it is healthy, and thumbs down if it is not healthy. This activity will help students develop a deeper understanding of what food fuels their bodies and helps them grow. The technology the students would need would be access to a device that supports the use of Google Slides. If this is not feasible, students can also print out the slides to have a physical copy. The slide deck includes 3 different languages; English, French, and Spanish, allowing students to be exposed to multiple languages. I have attached a link to the slides here!

How would students get feedback on the activity that you set? What medium or technology would they and/or you use for getting and giving feedback on their activity?

Students will receive instant feedback from the activity. I have designed the activity so that the answer is shown on the next slide. This activity is designed for young kids so the answer is simply healthy or unhealthy, and is represented by a green checkmark for healthy, and a red X for unhealthy. This use of instant feedback will be very beneficial to learners, as they can see the results right away! 

How will you address any potential barriers for your learners in the use of this video to ensure an inclusive design?

To ensure the use of this video is inclusive, I will turn on captions for potential deaf students. If a student’s first language is not English, I can also put on captions in a language that is more suitable for that specific student. Sometimes students find it helpful to watch videos at their own pace, so I will share the video link with the students to rewatch at their own leisure.

What is experiential learning and why is it important?. Kent State University. (n.d.). https://www.kent.edu/community/what-experiential-learning-and-why-it-important#:~:text=A%20better%20understanding%20of%20course,with%20diverse%20organizations%20and%20people